Many folks have more than a passing interest in firearms and shooting sports, yet feel uncomfortable expressing that interest in the current political environment. Additionally, many experienced shooters are looking for a welcoming community of like-minded enthusiasts who can add much needed camaraderie and fun to the routine shooting experience.
Bullets & Bagels, a 501c7 nonprofit, was founded in Orange County in 2013 to provide a unique, supportive, and multifaceted venue to address these desires in an open-to-all, expert and novice alike, safety-first setting which celebrates our common avocation. We are proud that our membership is 30% women. We would like to grow that percentage. Many of our instructors are women as well.
Bullets & Bagels hosts recreational shooting events and firearms training in Southern California, and video conferencing lectures with fascinating guest speakers covering topics that range from some of the latest and most advanced gear and firearms to discussions about the latest firearm laws. Membership is required to participate in club events and video conferences. Training classes are open to the public and do not require club membership.
Why shoot with Bullets & Bagels?
1. Shoot alongside a friendly, supportive group of shooters of varying skill levels and firearms knowledge. It‘s easy to find help, suggestions, or interaction with others of similar experience, from beginners to experts.
2. Have access to “on-call” assistance from our staff of volunteer NRA-certified instructors, most of whom are also certified as Range Safety Officers (RSOs).
3. Exclusive access to the premier, private, “members only” outdoor shooting range in Southern California.
4. Exclusive use of indoor bays during club events at these venues.
5. Special guest speakers at indoor events.
6. Special “member-only” deals from manufacturers.
7. We are a “Jew-ish” oriented club and are open to all. As an organization, discussion of politics at events is discouraged with the exception of the Second Amendment. Emphasis is placed on the positive aspects of the shooting experience, including practicing one's shooting skills, sharing one's experience with other shooting enthusiasts, and learning from others.
8. At outdoor events, provisions are made which include shade tents that cover the entire shooting line, beverages, snack bars, and a large selection of targets.
9. Range Safety Officers are always present, along with trauma kits, and an AED.
Sunday morning indoor events are held at various ranges in Orange and Los Angeles Counties. The club secures exclusive use of the range or of an entire bay prior to public access. Continental breakfast is served with a selection of delicious bagels and hot coffee. This is followed by a guest speaker and a free raffle.
The shooting experience is supported by our staff of “on-call” instructors who are available to assist with brief requests to troubleshoot technical issues, such as a feeding jam, operation of a firearm, tips to improve accuracy, etc.
Four quarterly events are full-day experiences on a Sunday in San Bernardino at West End Gun Club, the premier, private outdoor range in Southern California. This includes both free shooting and NRA-certified instructor-led training.
The outdoor events allow us the flexibility to shoot pistols, rifles, and shotguns; holster draw; rapid-fire; and shoot paper targets, rubber dummies, as well as steel targets, which provide satisfying audible feedback when hit. The shooting distance is greater too. Shooters can push their limit to 75+ yards while aiming at dynamic steel targets.
We meet on an occasional Friday for a more casual, outdoor shooting event with a 20-attendee maximum. In addition to supervised target shooting, we provide beverages and snack bars to keep members going throughout the day. It's a great time to hone your shooting skills, socialize, and network. Come join our crowd.
See you on the range!
Monthly recurring membership is only $6.50 per month. Sign up today!
- Register for any event(s)
- NRA liability insurance
- NRA certified instructors
- Shoot historical (curio) firearms
- Beverages and snacks
Copyright © 2022 Bullets & Bagels - All Rights Reserved.